Thursday, June 14, 2012

College Grad!


I am a college graduate.
I just graduated from college.
After 17 years, I am finished with school.

Graduated with honors from The Ohio State University!

No matter how I say it, I still cannot believe that I finally earned my college degree. It’s crazy to think that I’m now in the “real world” and now have to get a big-girl job.

So let’s start from the beginning. I graduated on Sunday, June 10, 2012 from The Ohio State University with a degree in Nutrition and a minor in business. Graduation was loooong but so worth it. Sure the weather was cloudless, breezeless and over 90°, but I wouldn’t trade sitting for those 3 hours to receive my diploma for the world.

Four of the most important people in my life came to celebrate this special occasion with me: my family.

Post graduation picture!

Jason and Alli drove up from Cinci and my parents came down from Cleveland. On Saturday night, we went out to an ahhhmazing dinner at the Cameron Mitchell’s restaurant in Easton, Ocean Club. My meal was simply indescribable. I had a fantastic filet with a side of sesame stir-fried snap peas, asparagus, and superb sourdough bread accompanied with one a few glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon.

Wine =

Sure the steak, veggies, bread, and wine were all excellent, but the real showstopper was dessert: Baked Alaska.

Nomnomnom

The menu describes this delectable dessert as follows: “Pound Cake w/Vanilla, Chocolate and Black Raspberry Ice Cream, Strawberry Jam, Toasted Meringue & Fresh Raspberries”

In layman’s terms: masterpiece.

I've been looking forward to this dessert for days months after I originally viewed the menu. I mean, what can be any better than ice cream, chocolate, and cake? Nothing. 

Baked Alaska!

This, magnificent, mouthwatering masterpiece was certainly an indulgence but one cannot simply go through life depriving him or herself of a treat every once in a while, that's a setup for a disastrous binge fest. So that's why I usually always have something sweet during the day (I have quite the sweet tooth).

Moral of the story: don't deprive yourself of anything. There is nothing wrong with a treat!

Moderation + Exercise = Success!

Question of the Day:

What's your all-time favorite dessert?

Mine is by far ice cream. Mint chocolate chip, black raspberry chip, dark chocolate, caramel swirl, moose tracks...you name it, chances are I'll like it.

I wanted to lick the plate it was that good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment