Saturday, December 8, 2012

Rocky Road Oatmeal

In case you haven't realized it already, Christmas is just around the corner. Have I started any of my Christmas shopping yet? Nope. But I have been listening to the festive music lately! One of my favorite religious Christmas songs is Go Tell it on the Mountains. I love the beat and what the song is about. The song inspired this oatmeal recipe as well that I adapted from here.


Now you probably are wondering how in the world does that tune and Rocky Road Oatmeal tie in together? Well the song talks about mountains and there are the Rocky Mountains...

Breathtaking.

Rocky Road Oatmeal
1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup water
1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Splenda brown sugar
1 Tbsp chopped nuts
14-16 mini marshmallows
1 Tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

The ingredients!

Directions
-In a small pot, bring the liquid to a boil.
-Add the oats, give it a quick stir, and reduce the heat to low.
-After 2 minutes add the cocoa powder,
vanilla, salt, marshmallows, and nuts. Stir.
-Cook 3 more minutes and right before transferring the oatmeal to a bowl, stir in the brown sugar and chocolate chips.


Devour with caution.

I had to tell myself to slow down while eating this nutritious indulgent tasting breakfast. The marshmallows add a sweet creaminess while the chocolate chips add a rich flavor and the chopped nuts complement the entire meal with a slight crunch. It is that good my friends. So you should probably go and make it right this instant.


I sure do love Rocky Road.

Question of the Day

What has been your favorite gift you've ever received?

When I was younger I was obsessed with my Barbies. I would play in my room with them hours on end. So when my Nana got me a Barbie yellow beetle bug for Christmas, I started crying bawling my eyes out. Tears of joy!




Want more health and fitness tips for FREE?! Sign up at:

https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=302442


No comments:

Post a Comment