Sunday, December 16, 2012

Buddy Benefits

No, I'm not talking about those types of buddies with benefits. Get your heads out of the gutter people! I'm talking about workout buddies and the benefits that come with them!


There have been countless polls and surveys that have results of people successfully working out when others are involved. For instance, I personally love working out with others. My accountability and success for getting my workout in is a no brainer when others are involved. That's why I cherish the Fit Club that I'm in and having a few running buddies in town. It's nice to be able to pick up the phone and see if they want to go on a run. Majority of the time, they do.

The Fit Club I am in has challenges as well which is another great idea! I'm one who likes needs a challenge to be keep my excitement high. This December is a "Squat-a-thon" and I've been following it to the tee!


As far as running buddies go, one of my good friends Kristen and I run at least once or twice a week. I've known Kristen since Kindergarten and we have gone to school together ever since starting at St. Greg's, to St. Peter Chanel High School, and ending at Ohio State! We both love the benefits of running and working out. Just yesterday we ran in the Doomsday Dash here in Columbus! Apparently, this is our last race we'll ever run since the world is coming to an end...but since we all know that's really not true, Kristen and I made a pact. Our pact is to run one race each season together. I'm already excited searching for Spring runs!


So moral of the story? Find a buddy who likes to be fit, is motivating, and is accountable. Make them your workout buddy and start seeing results of all the hard work you've put in!

Question of the Day

What is your favorite workout routine?

I love running. But lately I have really been into group fitness. Every Monday I get together with my Fit Club and we workout to a different fitness video. We've done TurboFire, Insanity, and many others so far!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment