Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

It's that time of year again. It is the time of year to have pork and sauerkraut for dinner to bring good luck and fortune for the upcoming 365 days, or 366 days since it's a Leap Year! It's that time of the year when people all around the world come up with resolutions. It's that time of the year when the gyms are packed and health food stores get ridiculously busy. It's that time of year when I will make a few resolutions and stick with them.


I have a few areas of my life that I want to improve on. A great way to increase the success rate is to write them down and post them in a place that you will see them daily. I posted mine on my bathroom mirror. Seeing the list will greatly increase the likelihood of you sticking to them.


Tell others your goals so you are less likely to give up if others know what your plan is. You could even request that they ask once a week how the resolutions are holding up!


 So what are my resolutions this year?

1. Blog at least once a week.
2. Complete a 10k.
3. Run a 1/2 marathon in a city other than Columbus.
4. Smile and laugh more often.
5. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Question of the Day

What are your New Year's resolutions?

I already said what mine were. Whatever yours may be this year just remember that you can do it! Don't give up if you fall of the tracks. If at first you don't succeed, push yourself up and try again!

        

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of writing your resolutions down on paper! And definitely, I think one of the best ways for me is to tell others. I feel like I can't let them down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a great way to keep one on track!

      Delete