Sunday, August 19, 2012

Frozen Vanilla Yogurt Covered Blueberries

I have been so incredibly busy lately and I'm sorry for the lack of posts! Sincerest apologies. I have been working full-time with Kraft Foods (Nabisco specifically) and just found out on Wednesday that I got the promotion of Sales Associate! I start tomorrow morning. Yikes!

Yet, I didn't realize how difficult it would be juggling a full-time job with exercise and a social life. It's not easy at all especially when I have to wake up before 5 every morning. I don't even think the roosters are up that early to being their wake-up calls! I haven't been able to have my hot bowl of oatmeal in the morning either. Double whammy.

So whenever I have a day off I try to find the time to recreate various recipes. Today I finally tried this out and it made quite the scrumptious snack or delectable dessert. It's so versatile and took no effort whatsoever to make it. The great thing about it is that the entire recipe is roughly only 270 calories! In case you didn't read it correctly, that's the entire recipe and this makes quite a few servings and will last a while! It's also important to note that once taken out of the freezer they melt after 10 minutes or so. So take out only what you want and put the rest back in the freezer!


Frozen Vanilla Yogurt Covered Blueberries
1 pint blueberries
3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp sugar free fat free instant vanilla pudding mix
1/4 tsp + a splash of pure vanilla extract
*NOTE: Can you 6oz cup of nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt instead of last 3 ingredients if desired.

The ingredients! That's the pudding mix in the envelope!

Directions
-Wash blueberries.
-In a separate bowl combine yogurt, pudding mix, and vanilla. Stir.
-Add berries and stir until well coated.
-Place berries on a large cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
-Put tray in freezer for an hour.
-Once completely frozen, put in a container or freezer bag and keep frozen until consumption.
-Enjoy!

Eat them plain or top your ice cream with these!

I love being able to have a few of these suckers to satisfy my sweet tooth and not feel guilty at all about it. I cannot wait to try different versions of this using different pudding mixes such as chocolate, cheesecake, and butterscotch!

There was this much even after I ate some a ton :)

Question of the Day

What is your dream job?

If I could do anything for a living I would want to be a chef. I absolutely love cooking and finding ways to make recipes healthier with a few simple swaps. I hope to one day create a cook book showcasing all of my recipes.

Aly's Healthy Eats and Treats

But until that happens I'll just go ahead and enjoy my Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries.

Frozen Vanilla Yogurt Covered Blueberries
  
Want more health and fitness tips for FREE?! Sign up at:

https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=302442
 

3 comments:

  1. I really love how you did this.=)awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      As I like to say...they are nutritious AND delicious!

      Delete
  2. See nutritional facts, and prices of frozen blueberries from grocery stores at http://healthygrocery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete