Monday, October 29, 2012

Crunchy Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal

Today is October 29. In other words:

Happy National Oatmeal Day!

To celebrate quite possibly one of my favorite days of the year, I cooked myself a heaping bowl of steamy yumminess. It's also a great way to take the chill out upon waking in the morning in this frigid weather! This is one of my absolute favorite oatmeal recipes that I originally found here and adapted it to my liking.


Oh oatmeal. How I love thee.

Crunchy PB Chocolate Oatmeal
1/2 cup Old Fashioned oats
1/2 cup light soymilk
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Splenda packet
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp PB (I used PB2)
Sprinkle of semi-sweet morsels and chopped nuts



The ingredients!
Directions
-In a small pot bring water and milk to a boil.
-Stir in oats and reduce to a simmer.
-After 2 minutes, stir in cocoa powder, Splenda, vanilla, and PB.
-Cook for 3 more minutes.
-Transfer to a bowl and top with chocolate chips and nuts.
-Enjoy!


Oatmeal and coffee: two of my favorite things.

This bowl of oats brings together two of the tastiest treats on Earth: chocolate and peanut butter.

Question of the Day:

What do you do to help wake yourself up in the morning?

As soon as my alarm sounds, I instantly pop out of bed and make it up. If I don't get up right away there is no turning back. I then do a mini 10 minute workout routine consisting of jumping jacks, planks, squats, crunches, and lunges. This is a great way to get my blood flowing and kickstart my day!


Want more health and fitness tips for FREE?! Sign up at:

https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=302442


No comments:

Post a Comment