Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dollar Decor

I am so sorry that I have been M.I.A. for almost a week. It's been a crazy one over here in Ohio since I have been traveling back and forth from Columbus to Cleveland constantly. My apologies. Forgive me?

Okay, glad I got that off my chest. Now on the bigger and better things!

I'm currently in the process of moving from my efficiency studio to a normal, one bedroom apartment down in Columbus. I am going to be working with Kraft Foods starting in the next week or so!


The thing is, I don't want my place to look like a college dorm room anymore so I've been scoping out awesome deals at various places.

Today's topic: decorating on a budget.

When you first realize that you're moving and need certain items for your household the initial thing you should do is ask around to friends and family and see if they have any extras lying around that they were just going to get rid of anyways! Through this I scored a dining room table with chairs, table cloths, vacuum cleaner, wine glasses, decorative baskets, floor lamp, blanket, and fun rugs!

If friends and family would not have given these to me, I would have had to buy all of those brand new and it would have cost hundreds of dollars. Money does not grow on trees unfortunately.




Now you may be wondering, "Well what if nobody has anything to give away?" I have just the answer for you!

Check out local Hospice and Thrift stores where you never know what type of hidden treasures there may be. Another great resource is garage sales. If you can't find anything at those 3 options, check out Target. I've found great deals on TV stands and coffee tables!

Now I'm going to let you in on a little secret. But you have to promise to take full advantage of it. Pinky swear?

 

My mom told me about this and we went. Then we found this great article which confirmed what we have been doing.

Thanks Mom!

GO TO THE DOLLAR STORE PEOPLE!!! I've bought such cute coffee mugs, kitchen utensils, place mats, and decorations all for just a buck. What makes these stores such a gem is that each one is different.

Now I urge you to check out all of the dollar stores in your area and you'll be pleasantly surprised that each one carries different items and all for an extremely inexpensive price.

I promise to post pictures of my newly decorated place once I move in!

Question of the Day

What are different ways that you try to save money?

I'm all about cutting out coupons and looking for great deals!

2 comments:

  1. People may also want to call local thrift stores. A lot of them have "half-price" days,etc. For example last Tuesday of the month, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a wonderful idea! I totally forgot to mention that. Just yesterday, my local thrift store had 50% off all the red tags.

      Delete