Monday, July 30, 2012

Welcome to the World!

Welcome to the world Ryder William Miazga!

So stinkin cute.

Pictured above is my cute little nephew who was born on July 23rd at 2:10pm weighing in at a whopping 6 lbs. 8 oz. I visited him the day after and he is the cutest little peanut I have ever seen. I'm sure Jason and Alli think so too.

Happy Family!

I could seriously go on and on about what a beautiful baby he is. I can't wait to watch him grow up into a little man. I'm pretty positive that he will be quite the ladies man one day.

Such a little peanut1

About a month ago Alli asked me to help her out and write out a list of snack, breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas that are simple and quick to put together. Challenge accepted. I took this to heart and instantly started writing out pages upon pages of ideas. The great thing about all of these food concoctions are that they are not only easy and speedy to create, but they are also extremely inexpensive. Over the next few posts I'll talk about each different section.

Today's topic: snacks

Frozen grapes: freezing them makes you eat them slower so you will fill up quicker. Put a few of these frozen babies in your wine to keep it chilled while looking sophisticated.

Frozen grapes = versatile

Ants on a log: easy peezy to make. Once the celery is washed and cut, add some PB (the natural kind is the best since there’s no hydrogenated oils, I like JIF or Skippy natural since you don’t need to stir or refrigerate after opening), and top with raisins. The PB is a great way to fill you up due to the protein, but be careful, even though it’s good for you 2 Tbsp = ~180 calories.

Top with Craisins if your not a fan of raisins!

Yogurt: a great way to fill up on some dairy and protein. I really like Kroger brand Carbmaster, but their Lite yogurts are great also! Try to steer clear of the full fat kind.

How good? So good.

Rice cakes: I like salty/sweet stuff. So top a caramel rice cake (the bigger ones) with 1 Tbsp or less of PB. Quick, simple, and yummy snack that’s less than 200 calories!

Sweet and salty.

Veggies: I usually buy a week’s worth of veggies on the weekend and then wash and chop them all and put them each in separate containers so it’s easy to grab on the go for a nutritious and delicious snack!

So colorful!

Apples and bananas are also great for a quick grab and go snack.
Buy a box of no sugar added instant pudding, make ahead and grab on the go!
Air popped popcorn.

The most important thing to remember is to drink lots and lots of H2O. Majority of the time people feel hungry because they are dehydrated. So drink a big glass of water and wait 10 minutes. You’ll end up snacking a lot less.

Good old H20.

Don’t deprive yourself of sweets or anything that you truly crave. A piece of dark chocolate usually hits the spot for me!

Brush your teeth upon eating so you won’t eat past your limit. Chewing gum helps as well.

Here’s a great link for snacks under 50 calories.

Hope these help those who crave a quick and inexpensive snack.

Bon apetit!

Question of the Day:

What's your favorite snack?

My favorite would have to be Kroger's Carbmaster White Chocolate Raspberry yogurt. It tastes like ice cream. I usually always top with a 1/2 tsp of semi-sweet mini morsels. So good.
Aunt Aly loves nephew Ryder!



2 comments:

  1. Frozen grapes are the best and I like the idea of putting them in my wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great way to keep white wine chilled!

    ReplyDelete